Monday, May 20, 2013

Saints Coloring Pages and Murals- The Holy Family

You may have read about my CCD theme All the Saints Greet You! from last year.  One of our projects to make the Saints come alive for the kids was to paint some kid sized murals on the walls in the hallway where our CCD classrooms are.  With the help of some of my Youth Group kids, they turned out pretty cute:

St. Peter
BTW, forgive the awkward angled photos.  Remember I am in a hallway :)
St. Paul
Bl. Mother Teresa
St. Francis of Assisi
St. Therese of Lisieux
St. Patrick
We picked some favorite Saints of the groups, and a couple of them were recently chosen Confirmation Saints of the Youth Group kids.  Therese, Patrick, Francis, and Mother Teresa are all favorites.  Peter and Paul seemed like important contributions, Peter to remind us of the Pope, and our pastor's Confirmation Saint is actually Paul...and it is sort of coincidental that the Paul mural turned out to resemble him...

We also included the Holy Family.  This one is my favorite.  It is at the very end of the hallway on the facing wall, which means Jesus, Mary, and Joseph look over the whole program.
(However, I should admit that if you choose to paint life sized murals, you have to accept that when you are there alone, and you may or may not be working with all of the normal lights on, it is highly likely that out of the corner of your eye you will think that someone is actually standing there. 
It has never completely freaked me out, but I have to admit that when I am working in the basement in my office alone, I have stopped mid-stride many times at a glimpse of the Holy Family at the end of the hall...)
See what I mean?
Anyways, we love them, and the kids love them, and they help us call to mind the holy people who came in faith before us. 

I used sketches to get started with the paintings, and instead of just throwing them away, I turned them into coloring pages.  Here is the first installment, the Holy Family.  Click below for the printable.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Katie! Would you have the sketches for the rest of the ones that you did? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katie! would you happen to have the other sketches of the other saints available as well ? THANKS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I do for some of them!
      Here is Peter and Paul:
      https://www.looktohimandberadiant.com/2013/05/saints-coloring-pages-peter-and-paul.html
      And Mother Teresa:
      https://www.looktohimandberadiant.com/2013/05/saints-coloring-pages-bl-mother-teresa.html
      And St. Francis:
      https://www.looktohimandberadiant.com/2013/10/happy-feast-day-of-st-francis.html

      Delete