Friday, March 22, 2013

Introductions

Allow me to introduce you to Venerable Fulton J. Sheen and allow me to tell you how I introduced my students to him.

We watched the fantastic hour long documentary on his life called Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen: Servant of all.  You can watch the trailer here and order it here.


The movie is broken up into five 10ish minute segments about his life, so we watched one section each day over a five day week.  (OK, to be honest, they begged to watch the rest of the movie (part 5) on Thursday.  I caved, and as soon as we finished both sections and the credits were rolling, we got the announcement that there was white smoke in Rome.  Providential?  I think not.  Hopefully, Pope Francis will be the one that recognizes Sheen as Blessed and then Saint!)

Because there are no free rides in my classroom, even when we are watching a movie, the kids got this booklet to record info from each section of the movie in, as well as some overall thoughts.  I also included some of my favorite Sheen quotes and photographs.  Click on the image below to get the 8 page mini book for yourself.
They got to add the booklet to their Fulton Sheen Notebook, which is quite possibly the "favorite" project we have done in our room so far this year, and we are not even close to being done with it.



Stay tuned for more printables from the notebook!

Including this awesome item:
Fold out double sided timeline, anyone?

2 comments:

  1. Katie, you amaze me! Can I be a student in your class, please? Passionate about teaching + passionate about the faith = the teacher they will never forget!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're ridiculous! This is SO AMAZING!!!!! I want to be you when I grow up.

    ReplyDelete