Monday, May 7, 2012

Unexpected Praise

Why is it that unexpected gifts often bring the most joy?

I received these beauties yesterday.

Late last fall, I offered to help a local youth group get started presenting the T3:Teen Timeline Bible Study to their kids.  I was finishing up offering it to my own group, and wanted more kids to experience the Bible in a new way.

I offered to help however I could, and they ended up asking me to come and "facilitate" the program with them.  It was a pleasure, which is why I was surprised when they presented me with flowers and a card at the end of the series yesterday.

Let's get this straight- I love youth ministry.  Giving me flowers is like putting sprinkles on top of an already frosted cupcake.

But they are lovely, and I appreciate them, and knowing the sweet & genuine ladies I was working with, I shouldn't have been surprised.  But I was, which makes them an even better gift.

"The very nature of Joy makes nonsense of our common distinction between having and wanting."
~C.S. Lewis

1 comment:

  1. A little encouragement goes a long way, doesn't it, Katie? What a sweet gesture! :)

    ReplyDelete